This next-gen compressor maintains the Diamond Pedals classic circuit architecture while increasing range and functionality with a new Mids boost/cut control, Attack switch, custom spec’d, US made opto-isolators and modern, quiet switching. Combining silky smooth, natural optical compression with our signature hi-fi inspired, centre-detent active tilt EQ and Mid boost/cut control, the Comp/EQ is a mastering solution for your effects chain.
It can give you the snappiest compression to compliment your intricate funk leads, or soft transparent style compression to just add that perfect final touch to your tone.
Compressor and Equalizer Effects Pedal.
– Updated circuit of the classic Diamond compressor architecture with increased range and functionality.
– New EQ section for precision tone-sculpting.
– Added Attack switch for selecting between 2 compression modes:
– Down: ultra-snappy and quick-response compression.
– Up: softer transparent and longer sustained compression.
– Naturally smooth optical compression from a custom US-made Opto-Isolator.
– +/- 10 dB Mid boost and cut.
– +/- 6 dB Tilt EQ section.
– Wide-ranging compression with bi-colour LED indicator.
– Equipped with Burr Brown Integrated circuits.
– Hand-made in Montreal, Canada.
About Diamond Pedals Originally founded by Michael Knappe in Canada in 2003, Diamond Pedals had a goal to create devices that improve the sound quality of the modern guitar player, while maintaining familiar product usability. Their now legendary Compressor and the game-changing Memory Lane, the world-first all analog tap-tempo delay, are beloved industry staples.
In 2020, right in the midst of the global pandemic, Diamond Pedals was sadly forced to shut down their operations.
Seeking to assist their fellow Canadian brand, SolidGoldFX reached out to see if they could help and eventually ended up acquiring the Diamond Pedals brand and designs in 2021.
After two long years of endless research, development and tinkering with Diamond’s original circuits, the brand is re-launched with a first run of re-releases that faithfully re-creates their venerable circuits yet expands them with new features.