All-discrete analog distortion pedal designed to give you extra grit and boost without drastically altering your tone and retaining all of the natural nuances and character of your amp.
Think of it as sticking an extra preamp tube in your amplifier for more saturation. Single notes will bloom with rich harmonics and singing sustain. Power chords will sound thicker and crunchier. Complex chords will remain distinct and complex.
The Special Cranker has the same spongy, dynamic, and touch-sensitive character of the original Speaker Cranker but with more gain, double the output volume (now with a user-friendly Level control), an added Tone control to shape your signal, and a diode selector switch featuring the original asymmetrical Silicon diodes as well as a hot, new Germanium diode option.
The More control goes from nearly clean to a medium gain overdrive when at maximum. This control adjusts the bias of the transistor, so you may hear a little noise as you turn the control, which is completely normal.
The gain characteristics are dependent on which diodes are chosen. Germanium diodes deliver a softer, more rounded response with tamed highs and lower output, while the Silicon diodes add a brighter, more modern edge and higher output.
The Tone control cuts the highs clockwise and adds a slight high frequency boost clockwise.
The Level goes up to nearly double at maximum.
• All-discrete analog distortion pedal.
• For extra grit and boost without altering your tone and retaining the nuances of your amplifier.
• Germanium mode delivers a softer, more rounded response with tamed highs and lower output.
• Silicon mode delivers a brighter, more modern response with higher output.
• At maximum gain, the Special Cranker can achieve explosive overbiased tones depending on the output of your pickups.
• Flexible Tone control gives full command over the treble frequencies for excellent tone shaping and clarity.
• Silent relay-based switching with Flexi-Switch® Technology.
• True bypass.
• Lifetime guarantee.